Perigord acquires majority shareholding in August Faller Artwork Solutions (AFAS) GmbH
March 2019 – Global Life Science artwork solutions provider Perigord and the Faller Group announce entering a joint venture, with Perigord acquiring a majority stake in August Faller Artwork Solutions (AFAS) GmbH. Perigord – headquartered in Dublin, Ireland – is the market leader in providing labelling and artwork management services to the Life Science Industry. This joint venture complements and enhances both Perigord and AFAS’s overall market offerings.
The companies’ joint product portfolio of packaging/labelling artwork management services, outsourced solutions, and dedicated digital applications has been designed specifically to deliver greater customer value and increased speed to market for clients.
Both Perigord and Faller had been looking to expand in the DACH region for some time but had been waiting for the right opportunity to arise. The cultural and quality alignment of Perigord and Faller has been key in achieving this goal.
Alan Leamy, CEO, Perigord: “We had been looking to expand our European footprint to further support our global client base. With sites already in the US, Ireland and Asia the acquisition of AFAS and the partnership with the Faller Group gives us a central European base that greatly enhances our ability to offer local market support to our clients. Additionally, and importantly, it provides us with a platform to grow our business and market share in the DACH region, a major hub for large European Life Science companies.”
Dr. Daniel Keesman, Managing Director, Faller Group: “The Faller management and shareholders are excited to be entering this joint venture with Perigord. We believe the management expertise, domain knowledge and digital technology Perigord bring to AFAS will be major drivers in the continued growth of the business. Faller are delighted to remain as shareholders and to be part of the continued success of AFAS.”
- Perigord is a global Life Science-focused business.
- Employing over 400 subject matter experts across its offices in Europe, the US and Asia, Perigord offers a suite of products including packaging and labelling artwork services, knowledge processing outsourcing, creative and design solutions, supply chain consultancy and dedicated software solutions.
- With a passion for innovation and a focus on quality, Perigord has over 30 years of experience servicing the global packaging, labelling and marketing supply chain needs of the Life Science Industry.
- Perigord is proud of the role it plays in ensuring all its Life Science clients’ packaging and marketing materials are created and delivered to the highest quality, and in compliance with all local and global market regulations. Perigord currently list 15 of the world’s top-20 Life Science companies as clients.
- Certified to ISO 9001:2015/PS 9000:2016, Perigord also conforms to both GMP and GAMP standards.
About the August Faller Group:
- The August Faller Group is one of the leading manufacturers and solution provider of secondary pharmaceutical packaging such as folding cartons, leaflets, labels and combination products. For more than 30 years, August Faller has continuously expanded its expertise in the pharmaceutical market. On this basis, innovations and developments are consistently focused on customer-specific solutions and patient-friendly products.
- The company is one of the first manufacturers to provide product development tailored to the individual customer as a separate service. In terms of pharmaceutical and health care packaging, Faller offers solutions such as serialisation, supply chain management and packaging services.
- The services of the subsidiary August Faller Artwork Solutions GmbH are available to customers for artwork management, printing consulting and coordination.
- The company group operates in an economical and ecologically sustainable manner and August Faller GmbH & Co.KG has been FSC®- certified since 2011. August Faller GmbH & Co.KG was founded in 1882. At its headquarters in Waldkirch, Germany, and at its other German sites in Binzen, Großbeeren and Schopfheim, as well as in Hvidovre, Denmark, and Łódź, Poland, the company currently has more than 1,300 employees.
Life Science Artwork Solutions
Unit 1, Lyncon Court
IDA Business & Technology Park
Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown
Dublin, D15 N283, Ireland
Phone + 353 1 440 3222